Comments on the draft are due by 25 May 2017 and should be submitted to for the attention of Ms Jeanette Morwane, Chief Director: ICT innovations Programme per email at email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org.
The draft Strategy has the following vision and strategic objectives:
Vision: The vision for this strategy is to digitise government services while transforming South Africa into an inclusive digital society where all citizens can benefit from the opportunities offered by digital and mobile technologies to improve their quality of life. The strategy aims to optimise service delivery that provides universal access to government information and services anytime and anywhere.
The e-Government framework aims to:
- Ensure that all South Africans can access quality public service and government information from anywhere any time;
- Reduce the cost of public administration in South Africa;
- Harmonise the policy environment and legislative framework to enable digital transformation;
- Establish institutional mechanisms that will advance the coordination and facilitation of e-Government services;
- Create and manage reliable, accessible and cost effective common central services centres;
- Manage the development of frameworks addressing skills development;
- Deliver integrated electronic services which will ensure one stop service portal;
- Develop capacity and skills programme that will ensure sufficient service delivery;
- Develop monitoring and evaluation frameworks for e-Government services;
- Make government more accountable by making its operations more transparent, thus reducing the opportunities of corruption;
- Transform the way government interacts with citizens;
- Provide socio-economic development opportunities by empowering rural and traditional underserved communities using ICTs;
- Leverage on advances brought upon by technological innovations (such as cloud computing, internet of things (IoT), big data, mobile innovations, etc.) to drive the success of digitizing government;
- Expand the technological capabilities of citizens and businesses for participation in the government decision making process; and
- Provide administration in accordance with internationally acceptable standards and best practices.