Workshops will be held as follows (venues to be confirmed):
- Centurion (All): 12 June 2019
- Centurion (ICT industry): 13 June 2019
- Cape Town: 19 June 2019
- Mthatha (tbc): 25 June 2019
- Bloemfontein: 27 June 2019
- Polokwane: 2 July 2019
- Mbombela: 4 July 2019
- Pietermaritzburg: 11 July 2019
The Commission has issued an invitation to those interested in participating, which includes a summary of the discussion document, a draft programme for the workshops and an RSVP form (to be completed and submitted by 17 May 2019).
[11 April 2019] The South African Law Reform Commission has released a discussion paper on sexual offences (pornography and children) for comment. This is a continuation from the issue paper referred to below and, importantly, includes draft legislation intended to address challenges identified by the Commission.
The discussion paper focus on five topics:
- Access to or exposure of a child to pornography;
- Creation and distribution of child sexual abuse material;
- Consensual self-child sexual abuse material (sexting);
- Grooming of a child and other sexual contact crimes associated with or facilitated by pornography or child sexual abuse material; and
- Investigation, procedure & sentencing.
The Commission has invited public comment on the discussion paper and the draft Bill which accompanies it by no later than 30 July 2019 (email to firstname.lastname@example.org). Comment may also be made on related issues of concern which have not been raised in the discussion paper.
___[21 November 2015] Reminder that the submissions on this important document are due on Monday 30 November 2015.
___[18 August 2015] The South African Law Reform Commission (SALRC) has published an Issue Paper on Pornography and Children for public comment.
Comment is due by 30 November 2015 to Ms Dellene Clark, e-mail : email@example.com