[11 April 2019] The South African Law Reform Commission has released a discussion paper on sexual offences (pornography and children) for comment. This is a continuation from the issue paper referred to below and, importantly, includes draft legislation intended to address challenges identified by the Commission.
The discussion paper focus on five topics:
- Access to or exposure of a child to pornography;
- Creation and distribution of child sexual abuse material;
- Consensual self-child sexual abuse material (sexting);
- Grooming of a child and other sexual contact crimes associated with or facilitated by pornography or child sexual abuse material; and
- Investigation, procedure & sentencing.
The Commission has invited public comment on the discussion paper and the draft Bill which accompanies it by no later than 30 July 2019. Comment may also be made on related issues of concern which have not been raised in the discussion paper.
___[21 November 2015] Reminder that the submissions on this important document are due on Monday 30 November 2015.
___[18 August 2015] The South African Law Reform Commission (SALRC) has published an Issue Paper on Pornography and Children for public comment.
Comment is due by 30 November 2015 to Ms Dellene Clark, e-mail : email@example.com